How To Choose The Right Health Coach For You
How do you choose the right health coach when there are so many health and wellness coaches to choose from. How do you decide on the perfect health coach for you?. The right wellness coach with the right qualification, the right experience?
As a high consumer of healers, therapists, and coaches over the last 28 years. I have learned a lot about choosing the right health professional for my needs. Too many times in my life have I invested in a health or wellness practitioner that wasn’t right for me. As a holistic therapist, a coach and a healer myself. I know too well how confusing it can be for clients who are not trained in these fields. I also know to well how much quality and quantity of training has changed in the holistic and wellness industry. Especially when the market is saturated with fast track training and online training courses. Often written and provided by people who are not even properly qualified never mind experts in the field.
So here is a list of recommended suggestions and questions that can help you make the right choice. A few things you can do to reduce the risk of investing a lot of money on the wrong coach or coaching program.
5 Things To Consider When Choosing The Right Health Coach
- Decide What You Need With: make a list, be really specific of what you need help with, if you have a specific health challenge that you need extra support, advice or help with, add that to your list.
- Be Clear On What You Want To Achieve with your coach. Your vision or dream you would like to achieve, the more specific about what you want and need the easier it is to choose the right wellness coach that is the right fit for you. Through the years I have met so many wellbeing practitioners who assumed and would tell me I was their perfect ideal client. But the reality was for various reasons they were not my ideal coach or ideal therapist for a variety of reasons they couldn’t see but I could. Sometimes you need to go to different practitioners for different things. A good coach will often recommend you to a more suitable practitioner when required.
- What Type Of Coach Do You Need? Maybe a life coach who is highly motivated who will always make you highly accountable? Or maybe a more spiritual coach who is more awakened, more compassion who will help empower and inspire you? It can often be a good idea to choose a wellbeing coach who has had the same sort of challenges you have. There is something very powerful about being coached by someone who has been there, done it got the T-shirt. They are not only more compassionate an experienced to help you. But they can often help you see your challenges from a different perspective especially if they have moved on or healed from that issue
- Choose A Suitably Qualified Coach in the area you need. Check out their level of qualification and expertise. Sadly today there is a huge difference in the quality of content and standardisation in training today. Some training schools give out health and wellbeing certificates in as little as a few days. When the rest of us offer training that normally takes 6 months to a few years. If you have a serious or an usual health condition you may want to choose someone more experienced, more qualified in a particular area. As an avid learner I have enrolled in many types of training and just because something says it is Diploma level while other states a Certificate rarely represents the level of learning or amount of hours. Some training I have taken a few years at university level while other types of add on training I have done over a few weekends. I have lost count of the number of health practitioners I have come across claiming to be highly experienced in certain areas who struggle to know even the basics. So don’t be afraid about checking out your coaches levels of qualification or training school. The last thing you want to do is go to someone who knows less than you, who has less skills in the area you need support with. That is why we at The World Of Health only share health and wellness blogs written or approved by fully qualified health and wellness coaches and therapists.
- Choose A Health Or Wellness Coach that aligns to your values, your ethics. You can learn a lot about a coach by what they say in and about their business. What they write about, what they share on their social media pages. You can learn what is important especially if its’ their client’s interests or just their own success. Check out their testimonials see what their clients are saying. Choosing the right coach for you is easier when you identify their values, their ethics.
You Choose What Type Of Wellbeing Practitioner Is Right For You
The key thing to remember when choosing any type of health and wellness practitioner, life coach, therapist, healer or counsellor. Is that you choose them don’t let them manipulate or cajoal you into choosing them if it doesn’t feel right. They may believe they are the right person for you. But only you will know if they are the right expert for you. Sadly some types of coaches are into high persuasion selling which hits on a client’s weaknesses. It is your health, your time, your investment, so invest in someone you want to work with not someone you feel obliged to work with.
Looking For A Health Or Wellness Coach To Help You Today?
Check out our site we have more and more health and wellness coaches join us each month.
Subscribe to our YouTube Channel For Our daily health tips Videos